Buy movies from Amazon

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Shopping, and getting bitten by a scorpion

This must not happen often. Imagine going off to a supermarket and having to watch your fingers to see what creatures are just waiting to bite into your hand when you are picking up some fruit or vegetables. This is not a horror movie, but actually happened to a 12 year old girl when she was trying to purchase a seedless watermelon from a bin in a Wal-Mart. This may happen rarely, but it no less dangerous, and something that people need to be careful about:

BARBOURSVILLE, West Virginia: One young shopper at a Wal-Mart in West Virginia had to watch out for more than falling prices. A 12-year-old girl picking up a seedless watermelon from a bin was stung Sunday by a tan, inch-long scorpion that had apparently stowed away in a shipment from Mexico.
Megan Templeton, of Barboursville, was taken to the hospital as a precaution but later released. Her father, William Templeton, said the pain was a little worse than a bee sting. He initially did not believe his daughter when she said she had been stung by a scorpion, but then he saw the it scurry underneath a box. It was captured by Wal-Mart employees.

This must have been a big shock for the girl, but thankfully it seemed to be a non-poisonous variety.

No comments:

If you want to receive new posts, click on the iconSite feed