Buy movies from Amazon

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Weird news - Teen wakes up on the way to his funeral

One reads of stories like this from time to time, but the emotional impact of such a story is incredible on the person involved and the family members. Imagine if this recovery had happened just a few hours later, when it would have been too late and the person would have had a cremation.
The youth had been bitten by a stray dog and because of the high fever and complications that followed, he was hospitalized with a severe problem and at the end, the doctors said that they were unable to provide any further help and that he was beyond help. So the family decided to take him away When they felt no movement or other signs of life, they took him to be dead and decided to take him to the funeral.
However, he got up on the way to the funeral, which would be a shock to his family, but also a big relief (link to article):
A 17-year-old boy woke up on the way to his funeral in Dharwad's Managundi village, surprising his relatives and villagers who had presumed him dead. He was rushed to a private hospital where his condition is critical. Bitten by a stray dog one month ago, Kumar Marewad, 17, had high fever last week following which he was admitted to a Dharwad hospital. As his condition deteriorated, the teenager was put on ventilator. The doctors told Kumar's relatives that he was critical and that he would not survive if life support was removed. Informing them that infection had spread in Kumar's body, the doctors left the family to decide if they wanted to continue treatment. Later, the family decided to shift him home.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Weird news - Kid driving a car in New Zealand, training !

The age of driving varies in different geographies and countries, with it being 16 in some places and 18 in some places. The idea is that driving means you are risking both yours and other people's lives, and hence some amount of maturity is required. This rule can be implemented quite strictly with strict fines in the more developed countries, while less developed countries struggle to check this problem and enforce the necessary penalties. But in a country such as New Zealand, one would expect that this is a very strict rule and there would be few people willing to experiment with breaking this rule.
So consider the surprise of this driver when he saw that the car ahead of him was being driven by what seemed like a 8 year old, and with a goat in the car. And it was not just some kid who had stolen the keys for a joy-ride, in fact, there was an adult in the backseat who was fine with the kid driving (link to article):
Video has emerged of a child driving a car packed with other children - and a goat. The footage, filmed in Whitianga by Auckland's Gaz Walden, shows several children in a red Ford Falcon with a boy, about 8 years old, at the wheel. Walden then realises there is a goat in the back seat. "You're f***ing kidding me. What the f*** is going on. This is insane. Look at him, he can only just see over the steering wheel," he says. He pulls up next to the car and tells the boy he shouldn't be driving - but then a middle-aged man climbs out of the back seat to reassure him, saying the boy is "actually training". "I don't care mate - that is ridiculous," Walden tells him.

Monday, May 1, 2017

Weird news - Snake falls through ceiling and remains unseen for a couple of days

Seems a bit weird, that a large hole is there in the ceiling, which means some animal or something must have dropped through; and yet nobody detected a snake there for a few days. The hole had been detected, but it was assumed that this was because a possum had fallen through (and they have had possum problems before). It was only after the cleaner saw this large snake (and if you see the image, it is a pretty large snake); of course, the snake had eaten a large animal and hence was not likely to move much (snakes tend to become slower after they have eaten, they are slowly digesting what they have eaten). Hence, it became easy for them to evict the snake from its resting place (link to article):
On Tuesday, Chantal Vaughan walked into her gym and discovered a hole in the ceiling. The owner of Bokwa CQ gym in Rockhampton, Australia, she initially thought that a possum had probably fallen through the ceiling and didn't think much of it - the gym has a possum problem. Two days later, however, she received a terrifying text from her cleaner, informing her that a massive snake had been found inside the gym. The hole in the ceiling, it turns out, was made by a huge snake falling through it.

If you want to receive new posts, click on the iconSite feed